Nov 13, 2011

Fringes for the people

I am the first one to jump on board anything that has some sort of movement. Call it asymmetrical skirts,  pleated maxis, ruffles or fringes, whatever swooshes as I walk around can definitely make my day. I am sure that I acquired some sort of complex from not being able to twirl around in my dresses when I was a little girl. My mom was the type of mother who thought a girl should behave like a lady and just look clean and pretty.  Plus, twirling would definitely ruin the aesthetic of the dress, not to mention, people might start doubting my sanity.

So when it comes to fringes, you can imagine I am as excited and giddy as a kid in a candy store– a huge candy store! The options are endless. Searching online was as if I was searching through the closet of the daughter of a Flapper and an Indian chief. It is a mix of 1920's flapper designs with Native American inspirations so there's a little bit for everyone– whether you like to dress down or dress up.   With the tribal trend still going strong and designers pulling looks from previous decades, I think this will be a good investment. Plus, like a friend of mine once noted, it's actually a good idea to go tribal, in case there is an uprising, you'll be the first one to blend in!

Chic Fringes via- NastyGal (1, 2, 3), ASOS (4, 5), Lulu's (6) & FreePeople (7)








Cashual fringes via- NastyGal (1, 2), Forever21 (3, 4), ASOS (5), Lulus (6),




 Shoes and add ons via- FreePeople (1, 2, 3, 4, 6), Threadsence (5), SteveMadden (6), Lulus (7)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!
xoxo,
LMQ